Today, i made my first sarubobo doll based on this tutorial. It's extremely easy.
Just that you've to be delicate cuz the recommended measurements are real small.
There are several variations in the tutorial. I just tried one. Can't wait to try the others!
Made this for Kuan Yew. hehe...
Nowadays, sarubobo are a popular souvenir in Takayama, and are available in many different colours and shapes from souvenir shops. There is even a Hello Kitty doll dressed as a sarubobo.
- Blue sarubobo - for luck in study and work
- Pink sarubobo - for luck in love ( mine is in pink! well, at least its dress and button are)
- Green sarubobo - for luck in health
- Yellow sarubobo - for luck in money
- Black sarubobo - to remove bad luck
There is also a differently-shaped sarubobo called a "tobibobo."
I'm gonna make the complete color set for the sarubobos.
Sidenote: Tomorrow, I'm gonna officially start sketching in my precious moleskine watercolor notebook. It's going to be my first travelogue sketchbook !